It may look like I'm going slow but I'm just getting started.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Positivity Day 1

As I was riding my road bike this morning I realized how far I have come. Last year, (was it last year?) when I started riding my road bike it took me a good five minutes to extract myself from the bike. I mean like my legs would seize up and I would have to stand straddling my bike until I could move my leg enough to swing it over. This was very amusing, as you can imagine, unless your neighbor happened to walk by. Looking concerned.

Now I don't know if I've spent enough time on the bike or adjusted it somewhat or just become immune to the pain, but I don't have that experience. I can swing my leg over my bike and walk normally. Sometimes I have even attempted to run directly after! Can you imagine?! I rode this morning for 11 miles, which is the longest ride I've had in a while. And I did not fall down! Despite the fact I was worried I would have to reacquaint myself with being clipped in. Working on being able to drink, steer and pedal at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Does Aaron still do basketball? I miss riding. Maybe we can set up Saturday morning rides?

    ReplyDelete