It may look like I'm going slow but I'm just getting started.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Back on Track (Again)

I managed to track my eating and work out five times last week. I'm slowly coming back. I read something somewhere that talked about how Americans love quick and simple and how this hampers our drive to lose weight and stay healthy because we want it NOW. I will admit to being someone who weighs every day and then is disappointed when the scale doesn't move (or moves the wrong way) after one day of "good" eating. I lecture my husband about not weighing all of the time and being disappointed but I can't seem to remember that myself! In other news, I took my daughter shopping for a bathing suit. Always a humbling experience. I so do not like looking at my butt in the three way mirror. But in an odd way it's motivating. I think about how it will be when my butt does not look like that. Someday. Focusing on being healthy and not on being skinny is definitely better psychologically. But just once I would like to look in the mirror and like what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment