It may look like I'm going slow but I'm just getting started.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Flatout and Running Out (of steam)

Lately I have been really obsessed with Flatout Multi-Grain wraps. I know a lot of people (doctors and such) suggest eating the same thing for breakfast or lunch every day. They say variety leads to overeating due to the multitude of different flavors. I don't know if this is true but eating the same thing certainly helps out time wise. I am not normally the sort of person who can eat the same thing daily. Variety is the spice of my life (which is perhaps the reason I overeat. Damn those doctors). But since I discovered the plain wraps at Costco I have been having a PBJ wrap every morning. Sometimes I even use almond butter. Wow. And I just learned Trader Joes has almond butter with salt! Now my life is complete. If you need a little protein to start the day and you do not do well with simply oatmeal or cereal (you feel like eating a side of beef - or a dozen donuts - one hour after breakfast) you should try the Flatouts. And they are not even paying me to say this. But I would accept free samples!

And now the exercise. I have developed a mental block against running. I know I should do it, I know I'm capable of it, I know it won't kill me. But IT HURTS. Maybe I should take it slower. But is it really "jogging" at 13 minute miles? I can almost walk that fast. I am capable of between 11 and 12 minute miles at this point but I always have to stop for walking breaks. I never feel like I could just go on and on. Who are those people anyway? My sprint triathlon training cuts back the minutes I have to run (from the Couch to 5K thirty minutes) so maybe I can start slowly again and build myself up. I just can't imagine the day I will love it. But maybe that day will come. Possibly in November when it is not as hot as the surface of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment