It may look like I'm going slow but I'm just getting started.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

C25K Week 6

So I accomplished the 20 minute run Saturday. Yesterday I rode my bike 9 and a half miles and today I started Week 6. Whew, I'm tired just reading that. I love how I have made time to exercise in the morning. My family is still sleeping and I can get up early and have time for me. When I was working out before I thought there was no way I could get up at 6:00 and exercise before everyone was up. I loved my sleep. But now I seem to have made a slight attitude adjustment and I actually enjoy it. Oh sure, there are days I struggle to leave the bed and hit snooze too many times. But as soon as I'm out the door I feel ready. Today I jogged 8 minutes/walked 3/jogged 5/walked 3/jogged 8. I was pretty consistently doing 12 minute miles (that is awesome for me by the way. If you run 8-9 minute miles please keep that to yourself). And I even jogged some of the way below 12 minutes. And I didn't feel like I was going to die. During my jog I noticed I look down at the ground ahead of me. So I made a conscious effort to keep my head up and lean forward slightly and that seemed to actually improve my breathing and time. All of these intervals are paving the way for prolonged jogging. Starting next week there are no more walking breaks. But I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment