It may look like I'm going slow but I'm just getting started.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Week 3 of Half Marathon Training

Yes, amazingly I am sticking with my training plan. I've only missed one run so far. Yeah. Our last two long runs were 4 miles each. It does seem strange to think I just accept this as something I'm going to do rather than falling on the floor and crying and refusing to go. And it's not even that bad. I really, really like my intervals and hats off to Jeff Galloway. At this point I don't care how fast I'm going or that I'm not running the whole way, I'm just proud that I'm getting out there and doing it. Admittedly it's harder on the day I'm partner-less. I really struggle to make myself get out there and I give myself way too many excuses. I probably could talk Aaron into going with me. I get by with a little help from my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. One of these days, we may just have to run together. Don't worry, most people can WALK and keep up with me. Remind me- you on for Nathan's? :)

    ReplyDelete