It may look like I'm going slow but I'm just getting started.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

OK

I will not give up on this blog, since that seems like I'm giving up on my fitness efforts. And while it may look like that to the outside world, I have been working on my mental fitness. OK even I couldn't keep a straight face on that one. Seriously, walking 60 miles is hard. Training to walk 60 miles is hard. Trying to train for two events at once, not possible (for me). I have not been on Ruby (my beautiful road bike) for months. Mostly because I have pains in my back or hip. And because I'm a wiener baby. I plan to ask for a new bike for Christmas, yes another one, so I can ride comfortably on hard packed trails. I still have Ruby for speed and street cred. I just think it would help to actually ride. In other news, my friend (and co-conspirator on fitness projects big and small) is starting the Couch to 5K. I don't want to be left behind so I'm totally copying. I just hope we can jog one day like those skinny little biotches who breeze by gossiping and laughing while completing a 10 mile "fun" run. And just to make things really exciting, I am going to post my weight stats on the sidebar every week. Because I love public humiliation! If it's right there staring me in the face hopefully I won't be tempted to lose and then regain these 15 pounds. 15 pounds. That is a small child. On my ass. Not working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment